Welcome To Neutrals Blog.

Feel free to post me some comments, thanks =)

Friday, October 31, 2008

Just got the chinese diys from cube freak..

Got the chinese diys that were ordered from cube freak...got it last monday(20/10/2008)..she ordered it from http://www.cube4you.com/ .. and then sell to us...

The cubes that were ordered from cube freak... 6 are my friends's and 2 are mine.. I helped them to collect the cubes.. 7 old type A cubes and 1 type D cube
Chinese diy stickers... it is bad !! That is why I am getting Cubesmith stickers...
My type D cube...still in the pack..
There was a problem with my type D cube, I got the new type D screws and new type D core... the problem with the screws is that it automatic unscrews itself...the core is fine...
I decided to change switch my type A core with the type D to make a hybrid cube...type D pieces + type A core.. yellow one is the type A core while black one is the type D core..
Disassembled my type D cube to change the core..
I found out that my type D cube have 2 old type D screws and 4 new type D screws... the old type D screws are good while the new type D screws are bad..
Changed the core...
I used....
Blue Threadlocker...to solve the unscrewing problem..it helps to make the tip of the screw more thick so that it will not unscrew itself..
Applying...
Left the cube to dry for a day...the type D cube on the left, on a piece of paper..(the threadlocker takes at least a day to dry up)..
The next day, I started to assemble my old type A cube...
Arranging the pieces...
While assembling, I found out that the type A pieces can't fit into the type D core...so I decided to change to the Rubik's speedcube core... (black - type D core, dull yellow - Rubik's speedcube core)
My method of assembling the cube...
1st : Finish up the center pieces and caps...
2nd : Form a cross on the bottom(slot in 4 edges)
3rd : Finish the 1st layer(slot in 4 corners)
4th : Finish the 2nd layer(slot in 4 edges)
5th : Finish the last layer(slot in the remaining 4 edges and 4 corners)
Lastly : Put on the stickers..
There you have it... an assembled cube !! (My main one-handed cube, type A pieces + Rubik's speedcube core = hybrid cube)
Video : Assembling my hybrid cube - type A pieces + Rubik's speedcube core




-The End-

No comments: